My favorite vegetable is brussels sprouts (I know… I’m weird!). Oh, and just a little side note, did you know that brussels sprouts are spelled with an s at the end of brussel? No joke, just check out wikipedia. I seriously just learned this today. I always thought they were spelled brussel sprouts (Because that’s how they’re pronounced. It’s like a tongue twister to say brussels sprouts)!
Anyways, back to the topic at hand. Have you ever tried brussels sprouts? They are delicious! I love them just steamed with lots of salt on them, but one of my favorite ways to make them is roasted in the oven! Yum yum! My kids even gobble them up this way!
Next time you go grocery shopping pick up some brussels sprouts and try out this super easy recipe!
Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Olive oil (or olive oil spray works too!)
1. Wash the brussels sprouts and then cut the bottoms off. I also usually have to take off the first layer of leaves because there is often dirt underneath that I want to get rid of. Cut the sprouts in half .
2. Arrange the brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet (preferably one with edges so they won’t fall off when you stir them).
3. Drizzle olive oil (or spray heavily with olive oil spray) on the sprouts and shake a good amount of salt on them too. Stir to coat the sprouts evenly.
4. Bake the brussels sprouts at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, checking and stirring often.
5. Enjoy delicious brussels sprouts with yummy, crispy leaves and tender insides!